Welcome to Galt Advocacy’s 2024 Seminar
We’ve packed 2 hours with everything we could think of to help you advocate for your loved one with special needs. You will learn about benefit programs and services available in the State of California and how to navigate them. We’ll also tell you what changes are happening in 2024 and how they may impact you.
Here are some things you can look forward to:
- MediCal – How does it work? How does it interact with other programs? How do those with intellectual disabilities qualify? What are the 2024 changes and how will they affect you? What should you do if you suddenly lose this benefit?
- IHSS – Who is it for? How do you qualify? What is the best way to advocate? What is the big change that just happened?
- Protective Supervision – Who is it for? How do you qualify? What is the best way to advocate? Why are people who have had PS for years suddenly losing it?
- WPCS – What is it? Who is it for?
- SSI – How do you qualify? How does it interact with other programs? How does it change when your child becomes an adult?
- Regional Center – How do you qualify? What is available? What is the self-determination program? How do you advocate?
- And much more – Bring your own questions for our Question & Answer time