Galt Advocacy Special Education Workshop and Training
Come and learn what the professional advocates know.
BE PREPARED! … to be your child’s advocate.
This is PART 1 of an intense training on Special Education Rights and Responsibilities. For those who have completed the introductory course, we will be offering an advanced workshop in November!
Topics will include:
- Federal and State Regulations for Special Education
- Understanding Assessments and Tests
- Who is eligible for Special Education services?
- School District Responsibilities
- Parent Responsibilities
- When do I file a complaint?
- What are compensatory services and how do I get them for my child?
- What happens when a district is out of compliance?
- What are Related Services?
- What is the Least Restricted Environment law (LRE) and how is it decided?
… and so much more!
WHEN: Saturday August 4, 2018 – 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM
COST: $195 – per person and includes all materials and lunch
Registration deadline is July 31, 2018. All payments MUST be paid by July 31, 2018.